Monday, September 30, 2013

This One's For The Gays


A piece I wrote recently for the New Wave Feminists blog explains why homosexuals should be pro-life.

Dear Gay People,

If you know anything about me, you probably know that I am Catholic. I am a conservative libertarian. I am pro-life. I love the Constitution and Jesus and guns and all that stuff.

I also love you, gay people. I don't know why all you gay people are gay. If God wanted me to know, maybe He would have told me. Perhaps God put all of us different types of people on earth as some sort of crazy test to see if we can really do that whole "love thy neighbor" thing. Who knows?

I'm fine if someone doesn't want their kids around gay people - that's a parent's prerogative. I'm fine if someone doesn't like gay people. That's a personal decision. We shouldn't be forced to participate in something we don't believe in, but neither can we deny free will and individual liberty.

Keep reading here.

No comments:

Post a Comment